Your are here: Home // Clutches,Fashion Inspiration Comes From Everywhere,Handbag Styles,Mixed Bag // Fashion Inspiration Comes From Everywhere: Alexander Wang Brady Football Clutch

Fashion Inspiration Comes From Everywhere: Alexander Wang Brady Football Clutch

Alexander Wang Brady Football ClutchSo Alexander Wang is a closeted football fan. Who knew? The Alexander Wang Brady Football Clutch appears to be named after Patriots’ quarterback/Gisele’s hubby Tom Brady and modeled after a football. Since we are no fans of “the favorite sport in America” (call us unpatriotic if you must!), it doesn’t appeal to us, even though we are die-hard Alexander Wang handbag fans (just got the Alexander Wang Max Fanny Pack bag and have been swooning ever since). We just don’t understand this marriage of fashion and football, especially from such a cutting-edge designer like Wang. The bag looks like a novelty piece that you might find in a costume store or novelty shop, not on the shelves at Saks Fifth Avenue or Barney’s. We’re not sure where Alexander Wang derived the inspiration or thought behind this bag, but here’s hoping it’s just a one-off and that regular, edgy Alexander Wang designs will resume shortly.

Buy for $395 at shopbop

filed under: Clutches,Fashion Inspiration Comes From Everywhere,Handbag Styles,Mixed Bag Tagged with: , , , ,

10 responses to "Fashion Inspiration Comes From Everywhere: Alexander Wang Brady Football Clutch"

1. ioana says:

So finally, there’s a bag like that for me. I’m a huge football fan and I have what some may call a boyish style, I don’t really like wearing purses and stuff. But sometimes, the event I’m attending calls for wearing one. Now I’m sure I’ll make waves when I wear a bag like that

2. kelly says:

I’m a bag lover, I like this clutch, so special and amazing.LOL

3. Chloe says:

I’m not sure about this bag… it looks like a cheap bag from Morocco in the shape of a football!

4. Staci says:

It’s definitely a departure from the Alexander Wang we’re used to. I’m not crazy about it but I think it would look cute with the right outfit…..maybe!

5. […] Handbag du Jour: Alexander Wang surprises us with this sports-inspired Brady Football Clutch […]

6. Sam says:

It looks like a walnut.

7. […] ‘eff it’ and throwing designs against the wall to see what sticks. We reviewed his Brady Football clutch a few weeks ago and that bag left us scratching our heads. So does this Alexander Wang Cher Large […]

8. love baby says:

I think Alexander Wang is a great designer, not afraid to push to the next level. I look forward to seeing the rest of his bags this season. I can only imagine they will be as intriguing as this Brady Football.

9. I’m a bag lover, I like this clutch, so special and amazing.LOL