Your are here: Home // Celeb Bags,Celebrity Handbag Spottings,Haute or Not // Haute or Not: Louis Vuitton Monogramouflage Speedy 35

Haute or Not: Louis Vuitton Monogramouflage Speedy 35

Rihanna and Trina with Louis Vuitton Monogramouflage Speedy Handbag
As much as I love Louis Vuitton, I have to say enough is enough! The hideousness that was the camouflage fashion trend was over long, long ago. So why do designers insist on bringing it back to the masses and why do celebrities think it’s ok to wear on the red carpet? This limited edition (thank goodness!) Louis Vuitton Monogramouflage Speedy 35 satchel was designed by Takashi Murakami just in time for his exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum. If Murakami wasn’t such an artistic genius, I would bash him for this multicolored green mess of a handbag. Rihanna manages to make it look more edgy…or maybe it’s just the latex leggings and feathered skirt(?). Trina sports the bag in it’s worst form – on the red carpet next to a bright yellow dress. She manages to make the bag look less tacky.

What do you think of the Monogramouflage print bags? Haute or not?

Louis Vuitton Monogramouflage Canvas Print

filed under: Celeb Bags,Celebrity Handbag Spottings,Haute or Not Tagged with: , , , , , ,

6 responses to "Haute or Not: Louis Vuitton Monogramouflage Speedy 35"

1. Michael says:

Hi Ehmonie. I liked the blog. It was nice meeting you in NYC last Friday.

Michael Wilson

2. ellen says:

I have to agree, camouflage fashion is over. Frankly, I wasn’t thrilled about it when it was “in” either. To each their own, but I don’t think the army print does that bag justice.

3. Inside Retailer says:

I like the camouflage, a nod to all that is going on in the world. Definitely going to be a one season wonder though. I wonder how long it will be before their knocking this one off if not already.

4. Margarite Elaine says:

This bag is a haute mess! ‘Nuff with the speedy already! First cherries and now Louis wantes to add some tacky camo print?! I am so ova it! And don’t even get me started on Miss Trina and her red carpet debacle. We need to get her a stylist IMMEDIATELY!!

5. Katie says:

I’m a sucker for anything Camo!

6. AAWesome says:

1. Camo is like denim. It’s not a trend. It’s here and it’s here to stay. PERIOD. Now, whether designers make it “trendy” or not, hate on them, not camo.

2. The LV Monogramouflage collection (Louis camo) is S-I-C-K! My other client, Takashi Murakami, who designed the print is a genius and so is this collection. Everything isn’t for everything. This collection is clearly for those true fashion trendsetters. This is where camo is different from denim. Everyone can wear denim, but not everyone can rock camo.

3. I (ALEXANDER ALLEN) styled Trina and I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING! That’s not even a question or a topic for discussion! NO ONE in this music game can see THE KID when it comes to style. I’ll continue to run circles around this celebs, stylists, fashion editors and BLOGGERS! Until anyone else wins a VH1/Vogue Awared straight out the gate styling, like I did (transformed EVE’s image), stay fly like THE KID, 24/7(event or not), I’m not hearing it! PLEASE don’t get misconstrue this comment, I’m not conceited or anything remotely similar to that. I simply take my craft ULTRA seriously and I will not let anyone, not hotter than me, try and pick apart my vision, cuz I’m THE TRUTH! RECOGNIZE IT! BELIEVE IT! RESPECT IT!

4. Trina ISN’T rocking the bag in “the worst form.” I will admit she’s not rocking it the BEST way, either. I was pissed when I saw her on the red carpet and these comments have gotten me pissed again, because if she would have rocked it the way that I had intended for her to, this wouldn’t even be a discussion. Trina was to rock these SICK, oversized Jimmy Choo sunglasses that hadn’t debuted yet, with the matching LV Monogramouflage scarf tied around her neck in a bow. She would’ve looked like a STAR, destroyed and shitted on the carpet and the rest of attendees.

5. Lastly, the camo and the yellow Norma Kamali dress is a very S-I-C-K combination! Camo is hood and it’s the BET Awards, which is urban. Why shouldn’t this bag be rocked on the BET Awards red carpet? Oooh I get it, you’ll rather see it rocked with denim, cargo pants, etc.. Sorry folks, I’m progressive and don’t do the “average,” cookie cutter, limited, small minded, think inside the box ideas. If it’s been done, I’m not doing it! If it’s predictable, I’m not doing that either! Sorry to disappoint cha. I’m just not that dude!