Your are here: Home // Who Did it Better? // Who Did It Better?

Who Did It Better?

In the world of fashion design, everything is ‘inspired’ by something or someone. Big-name brands are notorious for ripping off the designs of emerging designers, and many times, vice versa. These two turquoise bags are almost identical in design, style, and even color. I like them both, but which one do you prefer and why?

Neal Decker ‘Slouch’ (in Turquoise Italian Leather), $285

Coach ‘Ergo’ Leather Tote (in Turquoise Glove-Tanned Leather), $328

Came straight to this page? Visit What’s Haute for more haute bags!

filed under: Who Did it Better?

14 responses to "Who Did It Better?"

1. ENID P. says:

It doesnt matter to me which one I buy, b/c they both look the same to me.

But if I get it as a gift then I would like the Coach bag.

2. Frapp says:

If I had to choose, I’d say the slouch. The colour is a nicer, deeper green and it looks like it’d hang better on your shoulder. Though I don’t particularly like either of them myself.

3. hellocello says:

yeah i agree with frapp- the slouch is much better! the color alone is so pretty! 😀

4. dusk&summer says:

yeah they are always inspired by “something” or “someone”
    How cool would it to be a muse though, anyone want me to be their muse, the “Jenna” bag anyone?
    no? ok

So im getting off topic
    I prefer the Coach because its like a blue teal verse the more greenish hue of the first one

5. Alison says:

I like the slouch one better.. something to do with the colour I think 🙂
    grrrr why do people rip each other off? it’s so pointless!
    excellent post

6. mareGa says:

No one. I’m not really into those bags.

7. Karinaxoxo says:

If i had to choose I say the Coach bag. But I’m not really a fan of either.

8. Anonymous says:

I prefer the original Slouch-the coach version is kind of bulky/matronly…very unsexy.

9. Anonymous says:

I love the “Slouch”…The color is beautiful and the leather looks very supple..
    The Coach bag looks a bit stiff… Perhaps they used a lower quality leather…..

10. Walk says:

I love the Coach bag as well. I tried to get a part time job at Coach just to get this bag! LOL

11. Anonymous says:

Coach is so gross to do that! I would never buy a coach bag anyway.

12. Anonymous says:

I actually have the Coach bag in the exact same color. I LOVE it!! it really molds to the body, and is very soft and light. It’s also got that great stripe pattern inside. I’m in love!!!

13. Anonymous says:

I really like the Decker bag-I ordered it online in black thru dailycandy years ago and it’s really soft and holds all my junk. It’s also less expensive than the coach knockoff!

14. Anonymous says:

I like the Decker slouch if I had to choose. And what is Coach thinking with their jacked up prices? Their latest pacthwork is so ugly and looks like a Vuitton knockoff. Yuck!