Your are here: Home // Shoulder Bags,Strange But True // She Sells Sea Shells

She Sells Sea Shells

Bulga burst onto the scene a few years ago with their excessively studded butterfly bag, seen on the arms of virtually everyone. But since then, most Bulga creations have been fairly stud free, and now it seems Bulga is relying on odd shapes for its new designs.

This shoulder bag from the new Spring collection appears to be the long lost cousin of the clam. The multiple pockets conjure up images of a collection of shells piled up on the beach, and the pinkish-beige tone only adds to that effect. It seems that ‘Under the Sea’ is one of the new themes for Spring, since tons of other designers are gluing shells, seahorses, and other underwater finds on their bags. This one is not too obvious; just underwater inspired. And it’s refreshing to see Bulga try something new, even though I’m still not sure I like it.

filed under: Shoulder Bags,Strange But True

6 responses to "She Sells Sea Shells"

1. wendy says:

yea.. im not sure if i like it either.. but it certainly is new and interesting!

2. Alison says:

Wow, that really does have a striking resemblance to a clam… definately inovative, but I’m not sure about it…

3. dusk&summer says:

good thing you said clam because I know I would have been starting at it and thinking it looks like a…a….and not be able to think of it. I’m on the fence with this one too but I think I’m leaning towards like rather than dislike.

4. Haute Girl says:

i’m leaning towards like too…but it looks like the offspring of a clam shell and a fendi spy…it’s definitely unique.

5. N B says:

I actually like this, it’s so different. I absolutely love the clutch, the colours and the many different things (I have no word for that). So unique. A masterpiece.

6. Dinah says:

I would have to see this bag in person but I like that it is very different from what is out there…