Your are here: Home // Fakes,It Bags,Luxury // Do You Fake It?

Do You Fake It?

No, I’m not referring to the big ‘O’, but to designer handbags. Do you carry fakes? Sarah over at A Fabulous Fashion Blog recently said that 99% of Louis Vuitton products sold are knock-offs. Everyone seems to have a Louis, and these days it’s difficult to spot a knock-off from a distance, as the quality of the fakes have improved drastically, while, in my opinion, the authentic Louis’ look cheaper than ever.

Mind What You Wear has created a line of fakes which are cheeky, comical and surprisingly covetable. The word ‘FAKE’ is sardonically silk-screened on top of knock-off Louis Vuitton bags. Every style of logo’ed Louis is available, from the traditional, to the graffiti, to the colorful Murakami version.

Would you sport one of these fakes?

filed under: Fakes,It Bags,Luxury

16 responses to "Do You Fake It?"

1. molly says:

hahhaha thats hilarious.
    those kind of bags arent really my style, but id wear one because theyre hilarious!

how do you get sponsers?

2. Margarite Elaine says:

How freakin’ funny! That’s hilarious! I wouldn’t carry one myself but they sure are interesting :).

3. ambika says:

Completely in agreement that real LVs (and Chanel bags, too) look increasingly poor in quality while the fakes just keep getting better. I don’t carry either since I can’t afford the real thing and can’t comprehend carrying a fake.

4. wendy says:

haha omg, best post ever!! i loove the pictures on that site with the girls wearing the fake bags, its great!

5. Flashy_Shades says:

so funny… i like how labeing them as FAKE somehow makes them more original than the real deal

6. Moi says:

That’s so clever! basically you’re making fun of those “fashionistas” that carry fake bags and don’t think other people realize it if you’re carrying one of these funny FAKE bags.

7. Haute Girl says:

i would rock one of these bags, just because it says fake. it’s such a statement piece. i love bags that say something, literally!

8. Anne says:

Great post!
    I’ve seen enough fake ones in my life and this is the first time I see it on-line… funny…

BTW… love your blog!

9. Alison says:

hahahaha that’s so awesome. there are so many fakes and almost everyone secretly hoards one, so why not show your fakeness? so tongue in cheek.

10. CSS says:

Good info.
    Want to link to me? My blog is The Fashion Bomb, http://www.thefashionbomb.blogspot.com. Let me know!

11. Dinah says:

I cannot tell you how many women who shop in my supermarket have fake LV’s!

12. TessaJ says:

I’d totally carry one of those! Love it.

13. Parisjasmal says:

Hello,

As a business owner, I am opposed to fakes. It is copywright infringement, and my husband says everyone can tell. I dunno, though because I have seen some pretty good looking fakes. But no, I would rather carry a bag from TJ Maxx that cost $16.99 than carry a phooey Looey or a Nada Prada! That is what my husband calls them! HA

14. Carissa says:

That is fantastic, I would gladly sport one of those.

15. aprilovesfashion says:

Many, many people carry fakes. I understand… but its not only unclassy but unethical. Check out the new article in the January issue of Harper’s. Children are literally enslaved. And fake bags are connected to a huge crime circuit.

16. jennifer says:

Woah! 99%!!! Crazy. I hope its not that high. Thats sad.