Your are here: Home // Totes // Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Ever since Reed Krakoff was appointed the Creative Director of Coach, the traditional leathergood brand’s handbags have taken a new direction, becoming more youthful and colorful. I can’t decide whether or not I find this Coach Katy Travel Tote haute or not. The classic shape is classic Coach style, and the bronze leather trim is rich, but the striped fabric is questionable. Has Coach gone too far?

$398, Coach.com

filed under: Totes

8 responses to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

1. S says:

it’s cute, but i really don’t like the gold trim. and i find the colours of the stripes a bit sad, they should be blindingly bright.

2. Karinaxoxo says:

Its different…usually strips are really bright, or really netural – this is in between.

3. Anonymous says:

its haute, the colours GO together, i like it lots, very spring break tropez dont you think, just lounging on the lounge chair kind of thing with this puppy by your side?

4. *cAtHi* says:

it’s as bright as it could be for the season. it’s cute and daringly colorful for winter. people seem to be pushing color season limits recently though, anyway.
    —–

5. Anonymous says:

It’s HAUTE! I love it! It’d be the greatest bag to travel with because it’s deep enough to carry all my ish.

6. Frapp says:

I actually quite like that!

7. Ed says:

Great colours-love the design

8. Designer Ella says:

They’re bringing back a vintage and even recent familiar element with the stripe, so I love it and eat it up. I snatched up a lot of accessories with the stripe and coin purse elements (coin purse also being very vintage Coach). It’s in the lining of the new Legacy bags, too. Can’t wait to get mine for my birthday present. I love it!

As for the shape, it’s classic. I like it for being an anniversary piece, but I want some coin pocket aspect. 😉